Thursday, October 1, 2009

I'm going to be on the radio.

I have some exciting news: local food advocate Susan Berkson, host of the show "Fresh and Local" on AM950 The Voice of Minnesota, will be interviewing me on Saturday at 8 am. (Actually, my segment will start some time after 8:30) Every week, Berkson and her co-host Bonnie Dehn (a.k.a. the Minnesota Herb Lady) explore the lcoal food scene and culinary culture of Minnesota. And this week I am the guest!! What an honor! And a thrill!

I must admit, though, that in spite of my excitement, I am extremely nervous. It's not everyday I get to be on the radio, and not everyday I get to converse with such well informed advocates of Minnesota foods. Berkson and Dehn are passionate about food, cooking and fresh ingredients in general. I am most looking forward to talking about my journey towards healthy living and explaining the ways in which I approach cooking.

On another note, here is a simple yogurt dressing made with some of that greek yogurt I got from Stonyfield Farms. I added tons of scallions for a little kick mellowed out by small amounts of honey and balsamic vinegar. It is served here with cucumbers but last night, we had it on oven-baked fish in pita bread.



Scallion Yogurt Dressing

1 cup plain fat free greek yogurt
1/2 cup chopped scallion (green and white ends)
2 tsp honey
1 tsp balsamic vinegar

Combine all of the ingredients, mix well, and serve with fresh vegetables or in sandwiches.

3 comments:

Marina said...

So proud of you tash!!!
Have fun!!

lk- healthy delicious said...

good luck, that's so exciting!!

just found your site via the foodie blogroll. It looks like we have similar food philosophies. I'll be back!!

Simply Life said...

Congrats! that's so exciting!