Sunday, January 10, 2010

Kiwi and Green Grape Salad


More often than not, fruit salads can easily deviate from salad classification to the dessert category: sweet fruit plus sweet dressing equal a sweet dish. Of course many people like it this way, myself included , but sometimes I like starkly contrasting flavors in my fruit salad. Here, salt and garlic add a different dimension to a combination of kiwis and green seedless grapes. What do you think?


Kiwi and Grape Salad
Serves 4

4 ripe kiwis
2 cups green seedless grapes
1/4 cup agave nectar/honey
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp grated garlic (one small garlic clove)


1. Peel the kiwis and cut into slices. Cut the grapes into halves. Add both sets of fruit to a large bowl.
2. Warm the agave/honey on the stove top or in the microwave to lossen it up, making it smooth and runny. Whisk in the salt and garlic, and pour over the fresh fruit. Combine.

7 comments:

Divina Pe said...

Very refreshing.

Tasty Eats At Home said...

I love the simplicity and mix of flavors going on here. Yum!

Natasha said...

Yes, the garlic sounds out of place but it works. All it needs is a small hint of garlic.

lubnakarim06 said...

Wow...that's an simple and juicy salad....

Susie Buetow said...

I really love your combo of flavors here. I can't wait to try the garlic.
We love kiwi! My teens are going to love this.

Shannon said...

What a refreshing and easy to put together salad. I printed this one out to try as we get into warmer weather to try out.

Thanks!

shannyiphone(at)gmail(dot)com

Natasha said...

Kitchen Flavors, Susieqtpies, Shannon,
I'm thrilled that this combination appeals to you. Let me know what you think when you give it a try.
N.