Thursday, August 21, 2008
Hot Pepper and Garlic Beef
1 1/2 lbs round steak, cut in 4 equal pieces
1 small scotch bonnet pepper
2 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
3 garlic cloves, minced finely
4 tsp olive oil
1 1/2 tsp salt
1. With gloves on, finely mince scotch bonnet pepper. Add to grated ginger and minced garlic and combine well. Divide into four.
2. In a large bowl, assemble steak and seasonings as follow: place one piece of steak on the bottom of bowl and spread 1 tsp on olive oil on top followed by one fourth of the seasonings. Place another layer on top and continue layering with seasonings and meat until all four pieces of steak have been properly coated with olive oil and seasonings. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
3. Remove from refrigerator and season with salt.
4. Heat skillet over medium high heat. Cook each piece of steak for 3 to 4 minutes on either side for medium rare, 4 to 5 minutes for medium.
5. Cover cooked meat with aluminum foil and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Cut into thin slices and serve.