Thursday, May 22, 2008

Avocado Coleslaw

I bet you didn't think it were possible to have a coleslaw without mayonnaise, did you? After you have tried this recipe, I guarantee you will never have regular coleslaw again.



Avocado Coleslaw

1/2 cup green seedless grapes
1 Haas avocado
1 - 2 tbsp lime juice
4 cups shredded cabbage
1/3 cup fat free sour cream
1 clove garlic
1 soft boiled egg
salt and pepper

1. Slice grapes in half and coarsely chop avocado. Sprinkle lime juice on avocados to prevent oxidation.
2. Add cabbage, grapes and avocado to a large salad bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, grate garlic clove.
4. Add sour cream, and finely chopped egg to garlic. Mix thoroughly to produce a creamy dressing.
5. Add dressing to cabbage mixture and toss well to coat.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks and sounds wonderful, only if I can get good ripe avocados in Iowa.

gail said...

creamy avocado? Sign me up!

Anonymous said...

This looks so good, I never thought to mix avocado with coleslaw, what a great idea. The creamy avocado and the crunchy coleslaw together-yum-I can't wait to make this!